The amount of energy your dog has is directly related to the way they perform their daily activities. Most young, healthy dogs won’t have trouble in this regard. But older, injured, or sick dogs might benefit from an energy boost.
There are so many health benefits to massaging your dog, which includes increasing your dog’s energy to improve the way they go through life.
How Your Dog Gets Energy
Every living being needs the energy to survive. Your dog’s body comprises millions of cells that each need the energy to perform their specific functions.
When your dog eats food, it goes through the digestive tract where food is converted into energy molecules, carbohydrates for the rest of the body. Your blood takes up these molecules and transports them to every cell that needs some energy.
If your dog’s blood flow isn’t optimized, it cannot receive adequate amounts of energy where it’s needed. At the same time, you should also consider your dog’s calorie requirements and adjust its diet to ensure it gets enough energy from the food it eats.
So, to ensure your dog’s body receives all the energy it needs, consider daily massage with the Karypet Dog Massager!
Why Your Dog Has Low Energy Levels
When your dog has low energy, it is called being lethargic. Your dog can be lethargic for various reasons and may likely need a checkup from the vet to ensure everything is fine. Some of the common causes of lethargy are:
- Malnutrition- not getting enough nutrients
- Infections - tend to cause a high temperature and lethargy.
- Obesity - Overweighted dogs tend to feel lethargic and move around less.
- Pain - anything that causes pain or discomfort (e.g., arthritis)
- Heart disease - low energy is a common symptom of heart disease in dogs.
- Anemia (low numbers of red blood cells) - anything that causes anemia is likely to make your dog feel much less active and very tired after exercise.
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Hormone problems - hormonal problems such as diabetes, Cushing’s disease, and hypothyroidism can cause extreme lethargy.
- Certain medicines - always speak to your vet if you notice any side effects after giving a prescribed medication.
- Poisons (pdsa)
Signs Your Dog’s Energy is Low
Your dog will have telltale signs showing that its energy levels are too low to function correctly. Dogs with decreased energy levels will have the following symptoms:
- Constant fatigue
- Unwilling to perform usual daily activities
- Laying around without much movement
- Disconnected with the family members
If your dog has any of these symptoms, take them to the vet immediately. It might be that something more severe is going on, so double-check with the professionals.
How Dog Massage Helps Boost Energy
When your dog is in recovery from whatever caused the lethargy, you can start to implement the treatment plan and dog massage with the Karypet Dog Massage Gun. It is essential to manage the cause of the problem before you begin with a recovery massage.
Massaging your dog will help your dog recover quickly from the lethargy and help improve the circulation of your dog’s blood, ensuring that the nutrients and energy gets to the body parts that need them the most.